Search the Tone Freq blog!

Top Stories

Friday, July 10, 2009

The World's Largest Pedalboard Party 2.0 welcomes new partner Wampler Pedals!


Our view on the effect pedal world...

There is a disturbing trend that has been going on the past couple of years...I've noticed there are many 'builders' on the web who can build you an overdrive, distortion, or fuzz pedal that isn't much different from the next. I'll admit, many of them look very nice! Having played many of them, I don't understand just what they are offering that is different from the other thousands of builders trying to push their pedals on the web. Seriously -- aren't you tired of buying the 'latest and greatest' and then selling it months later when it just doesn't inspire you to play? Shouldn't EVERY pedal make you want to play more, create more, and do it with passion?

Actually, now that I think about it I think I can explain it fairly simply. It all comes down to you - the customer. Do you want another pretty pedal with a pretty paint job, or do you want to be knocked on your butt with hellacious tone?! I for one have NO intentions on concentrating solely on the outward beauty of a pedal...though doing that would allow me to sell more pedals, I know first hand that that warm fuzzy feeling will fade over a few months after you play through it over and over. Been there, done that, over it.

What I provide for my customers is my 20+ years of guitar playing experience which has brought what some might call a good ear (see our reviews from well known pro players who agree). A good ear for good tone so to speak. When you plug into an Indyguitarist modified pedal or one of our custom pedals, you'll understand the difference instantly. I go to great lengths to insure that each and every pedal is exceedingly inspiring to guitar players -- NOT guitar collectors. For those wanting to own the next generation of $500-900 pedal with a pretty paint job, we aren't it. You'll want to look elsewhere.

If you are a gigging musician or just a musician who's tired of trying pedal after pedal after pedal, and tired of each of them falling short to your expectations, give us a try. Our money-back guarantee proves that you won't be disappointed!

LINK

Twitter @aljonrocks
ToneFreq.info

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...